Thursday, April 24, 2014

Assessing Meaningful Learning

I think the best part of this week’s lesson was the inclusion of the website that has many different rubrics available to teachers. As a student, I appreciate having rubrics which clearly outline the way I am being graded, down to the different sections of grading (grammar, content, etc). Since I will not be teaching courses that are easy to quantify, such as English papers or Pre-K skills, these rubrics will be a great asset for me and my students. While I personally don’t care for the “clicker” since English classrooms don’t lend themselves to multiple choice questions, I have seen them used in larger courses and I think they definitely have great uses in other fields. I think all of these different tools have their place in the many different classrooms throughout the field of education.

Since I have grown up with technology and a very techno-savy-teacher for a mom, I can’t say that I learned all that much from this course. However, what I did learn was little bits of information that will hopefully help me to use technology more effectively in my own classroom. I especially love the different websites that we have been shown that I can use to help make my job easier. As modes of acquiring and sharing information change, so will education. I cannot wait to see how our jobs and the jobs of future teachers change as a result of new technology. I simply hope that while the mode of instruction changes, the quality does not. 

No comments:

Post a Comment